Hi Pauline,

Some quick input, I really hope others can provide more detailed help.

A small example on how to define the jacobian in ARTS:

jacobianInit
jacobianAddAbsSpecies( jacobian_quantities, jacobian_agenda,
    atmosphere_dim, p_grid, lat_grid, lon_grid,
    retrieval_grid, lat_grid, lon_grid,
    "O3", "analytical", "rel", 1, 0.01 )
jacobianClose

This example just considers ozone. You can make more "jacobianAdd" to also include other quantities.

The actual calculation is done by yCalc.

If you have a control file, you run it as

arts cfile.arts

For help do

arts -h

For example, to control screen output

arts -r22 cfile.arts

Just a quick into. If you have further questions, others have to answer.

Bye,

Patrick