Hi,

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 12:35 PM Richard Larsson <ric.lars...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
In your jacobianAddAbsSpecies, you set the unit of x to be logrel.  So, the
> unit in your case of J will be [iy_unit / logrel(O3)].

our main issue here is to understand what unit logrel(O3) implies.
following Patrick's advice from the previous (wind) thread, I checked the
AUG (and the correct one for that matter - cause we're still using arts2.2;
'logrel' retrieval unit seems to be gone in arts2.3) - et voila!
(it's sec. 16.4 for all others interested in the matter)

so, according to my understanding of Sec16.4, 'logrel' is (at least
regarding the Jacobian output) identical to 'rel', which in turn for the
(semi-)analytical jacobians corresponds (or, is scaled) to a 100% change in
the abs species (here, O3) with respect to the species' VMRs (as given by
the vmr_field interpolated to the species' Jacobian p_grid). Is that
understanding correct?

and how is that for 'vmr' then? would the jacobians correspond to a '1' (or
10^6 ppm) change in the species? or a 1ppm change? (i'm unsure what VMR's
SI unit is...).

best wishes,
Jana