From: Patrick Eriksson <patrick.eriks...@chalmers.se>
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 2:32 AM
To: Thomas,Renish <renish.tho...@colostate.edu>;
arts_users.mi@lists.uni-hamburg.de <arts_users...@mailman.rrz.uni-hamburg.de>
Subject: Re: [arts-users] ARTS Scattering Jacobians

Thomas,

Jacobian calculations in ARTS we still see as work in progress and there
are strong restrictions. So we keep this so far a bit on the side.

In short, the only method that can produce Jacobians with scattering is
iyHybrid (that totally lacks documentation). This one only works in 1D
(as it using DISORT or RT4 in the background). In addition, the Jacobian
is approximative. It works both inside and outside of cloudbox.

Further, there have been some changes to the code and the exact status
of the method in v2.5 is a bit unclear. We will likely use it soon and
will then make some checks.

Sorry, but this is the status ...

Bye,

Patrick