Hi Geoff,

Those tests fail because they need additional input files from the
arts-xml-data package. For arts 2.4 you can find the download links here:
https://www.radiativetransfer.org/tools/
Unpack the arts-xml-data-2.4.0.tar.gz in the same folder where your arts folder
is located, rename it from arts-xml-data-2.4.0 to arts-xml-data and cmake will
detect the location automatically.

Since you wrote that you're just starting with ARTS and RT, I have another
recommendation for you. Instead of using ARTS 2.4, consider to use the current
development version of ARTS instead. We're working on a 2.6 release which will
happen soon(ish). Since there are quite a few changes, especially a stronger
move towards Python integration, I think it would be easier for you to start
with that. We also made improvements to the documentation especially on how to
get started with ARTS. Also, once 2.6 is released you then don't have to adapt
your scripts or relearn things for the new version.

You can install the latest pre-release (2.5.12) directly in a Miniforge3[1]
Python environment and don't need to compile it yourself. You can find the
current documentation here:

https://atmtools.github.io/arts-docs-2.6/installation.html

Cheers,
Oliver

[1] https://github.com/conda-forge/miniforge

> On 13. Dec 2023, at 19:13, Smith, Geoffrey CIV USN NRL (7233) Washington DC
> (USA) <geoffrey.sm...@nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
>
> Hello All —
>
> I am working with a fresh install of 2.4.x on a MacBook Pro M2 running macOS
> 14.1.2.
>
> Thanks to a tweak by Oliver Lemke I successfully (I believe) built ARTS and
> am testing.
>
> I installed (I believe successfully) PyARTS as well.
>
> I ran ‘make check’ and 100% of all tests passed successfully.
>
> I then ran ‘make check-all’ and 96% of tests passed.  I have zero experience
> with radiative transfer or ARTS, but am getting started.
>
> Can anyone offer any insight regarding the 6 tests that failed?  Should I be
> concerned and try and fix?  Are they known/common failures?  OS specific?
>
> Here is the relevant part of the report:
>
> 96% tests passed, 6 tests failed out of 160
>
> Total Test time (real) = 546.90 sec
>
> The following tests FAILED:
> 27 - arts.ctlfile.slow.artscomponents.absorption.TestIsoRatios (Failed)
> 28 - python.arts.ctlfile.slow.artscomponents.absorption.TestIsoRatios (Failed)
> 41 - arts.ctlfile.slow.artscomponents.clearsky.TestBatch (Failed)
> 42 - python.arts.ctlfile.slow.artscomponents.clearsky.TestBatch (Failed)
> 69 - arts.ctlfile.slow.artscomponents.nlte.testRotationalConvergence (Failed)
> 70 - python.arts.ctlfile.slow.artscomponents.nlte.testRotationalConvergence
> (Failed)
> Errors while running CTest
> make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/check-all] Error 8
> make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/check-all.dir/all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/check-all.dir/rule] Error 2
> make: *** [check-all] Error 2
>

> Thanks much for any info and/or reassurances —
>
> Geoff

  • [arts-users] New AR... Smith, Geoffrey CIV USN NRL (7233) Washington DC (USA)
    • Re: [arts-user... Lemke, Oliver
      • Re: [arts-... Smith, Geoffrey CIV USN NRL (7233) Washington DC (USA)