I just had a chance to read through the last 2 weels of messages & couldn't resist a belated reply.
I'd like to know where the voter was required to appear before the judge. We don't have DA's in NJ. I had the honor to act as an observer for the Attorney General's Office on 11/2. Observers were deployed to a number of cities which have had problems in the past. I reported in Passaic at 5:30am. By 10AM we had dealt with 2 instances of electioneering (both easily resolved without a problem once the rule was politely explained), a voting machine malfunction which did not result in the loss of any votes & was fixed within the hour (during which time we used emergency paper ballots - all accounted for), and numerous instances of folks coming to the wrong polling places. There were various reasons for arriving at the wrong location which had nothing to do with not caring about voting. To the contrary many people had already gone to 2 and 3 places as directed, only to be told they were in the wrong location. The Board of Elections for Pasaic County has a policy, as do most counties to my knowledge, that in such a case, you should allow the individual to vote by provisional ballot. All in all it was a wonderful experience that all the board workers took very seriously & were extremely patient & courteous to the voters.

BTW Jim, if I knew you were a registered republican I would have charged you more rent ;-)
Now back to trial prep!

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here