Example: You have two condo's (on Cookman & waterfront) 4sale at
$600,000 and assume each $100,000 x 6% = $6,000/12= $500/month x 6 =
$3,000/month interest only.

Assume realty tax of $15,000/year; Fishman's unit with its 65%
abatement will pay $5,250 while the Cookman unit pays $15,000.  The
difference effectively subsides or moves forward 10 years of price
accrual due to the difference, which at the 6% mortgage rate could
carry $162,500 of purchase price.

All other things being equal, it's safe to say that a price
differential approaching that subsidized amount will occur, greater
in the early years, declining during the 10 years with a likely price
drop relative to the rest of the market at the end.  At that point
the city will continue to pay for this abatement due to falling
appraisals.  Just another nifty feature council swallowed.
Skip Bernstein

 --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I can understand the tax abatement however; maybe my view is
lacking information.  The city offered the abatement so the developer
would have an incentive to fill the units.  Up until recently,
wasn't
the city receiving none or reduced taxes on this property?  With all
these units going into a block the city, even with the abatement,
will be receiving more revenue than before.  Plus when you have the
people here, the local economy will benefit etc.  Trust me I am not
taking sides with the developer, I am raising a question.  If a 200
unit building is completed and left empty, it is not going to help
the town much.  Let's face it; Asbury still has a lot of
nastiness in
it.  These new units are going to be on the high end.  People need to
be convinced that the town is changing and if there is a demand for
these units it, will only help us property owners even more.  I do
see a downside to this as well.  My guess is city services like
police, fire, etc can be covered in the reduced tax.
>   Again my guess is the city was not receiving much from this land
for the past 15 years.  My worry is with the schools.  More people
equal more kids.  It takes big $$$ to build schools.   I read
someplace that they figure it would be a 50/50 split of people who
use their new place year round as compared to weekends.  Maybe the
town took this all into consideration.  Am I missing something here?

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:That some 20 developers tried to get into
Asbury and only corruption kept them out.  That Terry Weldon is a
crook and he orchestrated the sale of the tax liens to one entity -
Sass/Fishman.  That people work to preserve buildings because
ordinary developers always build something worse.  That the tax
abatements will increase our taxes by 50% for about 10 years.  That
old buildings (even ugly old buildings) bring people who spend money
to town.  That Fishman is just tax lien seller and shouldn't be in
control of any development anywhere.  That we, the citizens of the
City, are getting ripped off by a developer and our own attorney and
will pay for it for a long, long time.  etc.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.