Bingo Mark.

It's ironic the author chose Loffredo to sign his name to this
letter, the man who was photographed with a sledgehammer next to a
model of C8.

Here's a great campaign poster for anyone running for council:
http://asburypark.net/news/2003/04/c-8.jpg

Everyone who was at that December meeting pointed out that Loffredo
himself said the valuation was too low. It seems after he had a few
days to think about it and talk to real estate colleagues &
appraisal professionals, he decided the valuation was "fair" and
composed the letter for the Coaster.

Now let's look beyond this. The Coaster has a limited audience, so
it was decided this letter should go out to a broader audience & was
submitted to the APP. Was anything added by John to give him
credibility to the greater Monmouth/Ocean readership? Maybe mention
he is on the TRC, planning board, and a local realtor? I've never
known his writing style to be modest, but the only thing he writes
in regards to himself is "I was part of the original redevelopment
negotiations and I have made it my business to stay on top of this
agreement." Even give a plug to himself at the top of the Op-Ed
page? Nope, this is written from the perspective of a wild-eyed
developer with grandiose visions and a lawyer who makes sure
everything is factually accurate.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> And, getting back to Loffredo's editorial, whose side is he on?
The entire perspective of the editorial was from the viewpoint of
the developer.  There was not one moment where Loffredo argued from
the point of view of the citizen's of Asbury.