The McD in Belmar was actually a political thing back then. They (the
bidder) bid on a "restaraunt" - then bought in McD - much to the
dismay of the Town. If I recall- the successful bidder - cleared
about 25k/summer buy "flipping" the lease. As a wise ass 19 year old
back then...I tried the same thing with my lease on the BW in AP. I
met with one of the aquistion managers on the corner of 1st ave and
the BW - since I had the middle unit on the 1st Ave pav, and while
the corner units were empty - he thought it was interesting-  but
then pointed to the the 'digger acrosss the street - and told me to
get him that corner instead. Beer after beer at the 'digger...and we
talked to chuck...end of story.

You have to know how a seasonal business works - whether it be coney
island, Wildwood, Cape May or AC. It depends how much of
the "boardwalk" feel people will be comfortable with. Bring people
and a seasonal business will do quite well and beyond. The old dream
was to work for 4 or 5 months on the boardwalk, then take some time
off and regroup for the next season. It could be hot dogs, candy,
rides etc etc. When people are there, businesses will survive and it
doesn't have to be chains... Seaside and point - IF you can find a
stand - you pay upwards of $35 or more sq ft. Redbank hit over $50/sq
ft with talk to go as high $100sq ft.