I said that the waterfront condos are not required to pay the school tax - not
that I think they shouldn't have to.  I believe the fact is they don't have to
- it's part of the abatement - at least that is what I have been told.  The
examples of the fire dept and police dept. are not the same as schools.
Although, there are places where separate communities supply some of their own
security to avoid a portion of their taxes for police.  My point isn't that
people shouldn't have to pay taxes for what they don't use.  But that we have
to admit that government produces one size fis all products and services -
while private groups can produce products tailored to their needs.  Therefore -
sometimes - it would be better to allow people the discretion of spending their
money to get more of what they actually want.