From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 11:30 AM
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [AsburyPark] Re: Restore... Kate Mellina is the only
council person

Actually, Mark, I couldn't disagree with you more - but that's exactly the wonderful point isn't it?!  That people are engaged in active discussion about Asbury Park and are actively involved in trying to make a difference.

"Civic duty" is a great thing - and it's wonderful to see people like yourself, who I've known for four years since you lived in your first house, really getting involved in AP by speaking up and speaking out.  And you're right, I, do continue to pay my taxes here in AP, but not blindly.

It's funny - someone voices an opinion in this group about trying to get people to acknowlege ANY of the positive steps that have been taken - and they're immediately read the riot act.  Accused of sticking their heads in the sand, you name it.

Which I find truly puzzling.  Because in turn, those positive people are accused of trying to drown out or surpress the voices of the people who don't see things "the other" way.

How then, can true discussion be a goal?