There is one aspect of AsburyCouple's argument you are ignoring and that is
whenever you vote someone new in you are taking a chance on an unknown
quantity.  And, although JJ and Skip may be correct on the details, certainly
it was (and would have been) a difficult job for anyone when this Council took
over.  AsburyCouple argues that it is safer to re-elect.

I prefer to analyze not by whether Asbury is better today than yesterday, but
what are the reasonable standards to apply to someone in the position of a
Councilperson here.  I don't think it is too much to ask that my Council
candidates have better than average education and experience.  Obviously an
energetic, intelligent, committed person can make-up for lack of education, but
I don't feel I've seen that.  People with professional jobs are often required
to get expert advice and learn about what is standard and customary in areas of
expertise not their own.  I do it, journalists do it, managers do it.  It's
hard but you learn to get more than one opinion, to do research on your own,
etc.   I don't see evidence that this Council did that on a reasonable level.
And the failure is ongoing - no improvement.  Frankly, AsburyCouple has shown
more analysis than this Council in the few e-mails posted and I would vote for
Asbury Couple over any of the three coming on the re-elect ticket.  Better safe
than sorry doesn't work for me here because what is safe wasn't good enough.
Mark Tyler