This is part of the story I don't get. These politicians were
accused of taking bribes totalling roughly $25,000, yet this Steffer
character accepted at least a $96,350 contract in Keyport, plus
however much more he received in the other towns. I'm no federal
agent, but wouldn't it make sense to give preference to one of the
smaller criminals in government in order to bring down
this "admitted loan shark" who seemed ready to bribe anyone anywhere
in the county?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, traderdube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> As for the FBI sting operation that resulted in arrests across
Monmouth