Mark:
Excellent point!  Excellent point.

Yes, I've always marveled at the sheer number of different communities that
exist within the relatively tiny space of Asbury Park.  Many of which are
"represented" at the highest level of our local government.

Yes, not all communities exist 100% peacefully (is that anywhere?) - but -
you're so right - the town continues to hang together and on that very level, I
for one have noticed considerable progress - from all the communities involved.
That's incredibly heartening.

Yes, there's a lot to be said, from a purely socialogical standpoint, about the
"make up" of the current ticket - Kevin Sanders, John Loffredo, Jim Bruno -
plus the announced candidacy of Ed Johnson.  Each a very different man.

In my viewpoint?  An ideal addition to that current "make up" would (beyond the
obvious needed experience/expertise requirements) add an additional compliment.
Female?  Hispanic?  Black?  A person of stated faith? Someone who could provide
yet another unique perspective to the Council's discussions.

No one on that Council "comes from the same place" - each offers a very
different perspective/life experience that, to me, is one of the things that
helps make Asbury Park so damn interesting and cool!

Asbury Park, with it's hugely diverse population, could (and should) be the
ultimate representation of what America could be today.  I firmly believe we
have that amazing potential.

I also firmly believe you gotta give a lot of love and support to encourage
growth.  And yes, that, to some, makes me a hopeless optimist.

Dane