04/03/05

To anyone interested, below is copy of letter sent to Ellen Carroll,
Editor NEW COASTER.

Ellen Carroll
The Coaster

RE: "ANYBODYS" 108 ST. JAMES PLACE

Dear Ms. Carroll:

In your March 10, 2005 article entitled "$10 Million Work Changes
City Landscape", you reported in part:
Meanwhile, Anybody's Bar at the corner of Cookman Avenue and St.
James Place, continues to operate even as the buildings around it
have been torn down.  Fishman said he hoped to continue negotiations
with the bar owner Leonard Soriano.
"It is our intent to reach a settlement with the owner," he said.
St. James Place is closed to traffic while the construction work in
ongoing.
By way of clarifying the record, while Mr. Fishman may say he hopes
to continue negotiations, he has persistently refused to respond in
writing to the substantial defects and deficiencies I have pointed
out in the appraisal report upon which Asbury Partners has based its
confiscatory offer for my property.  It is bad faith when a property
owner, under threat of condemnation, makes repeated requests for a
response in writing to substantial issues raised about an offer and
such requests go unanswered or are ignored by Fishman and the City.
In the meantime, the redeveloper and its demolition contractor, with
the acquiescence of the City, trespassed outright onto my property,
without prior notice or my consent.  The trespass occurred despite
my numerous prior requests for information as to how the building
next door was going to be demolished, without damage to my patrons
or my property.
Also, since your March 10th article, not only has the roadbed of St.
James Place been closed, but now pedestrians are prohibited from the
sidewalk.  This is the street and sidewalk that provides access to
my business and livelihood.  This is direct interference with my
business opportunity.
230 COOKMAN AVENUE CORPORATION
P.O. Box 9826
Trenton, NJ  08650

Please know that the rights and lives of long time and loyal
taxpayer citizens who happen to be in the way are daily being
violated and abused and their properties are being confiscated by
the actions of the redeveloper and the inaction of the City, all
under the spell of greed and arrogance.

STOP EMINENT DOMAIN ABUSE!

Very truly yours,

 230 COOKMAN AVENUE CORPORATION