--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The question is whether Asbury Partners will want to possibly earn a
> little less (than the shopping malls) to do something great for the
city or
> whether they will strictly be looking at their bottom line.  I
believe
> something great for the city would ultimately help them out
tremendously as
> well, but who knows what they're thinking.

I think that they will not do it on their own. Everything will have to
be negotiation and compromise on both parts. To get to that point I
beleive the city has to use a number of aids, for instance, possible
condemnation, bringing pressure on other areas of the project, strict
enforcement of codes, permits, agressively pursuing default, etc. In
addition, we can explore more friendly measures and may have to give
up something in return.