Title: Re: [AsburyPark] Re: Article about Asbury Partners' plans in Press today

>> For this summer, the First and Third avenues' pavilions have
>> been rehabilitated to allow for additional retail shops.
>
> You've got to be kidding!  A few cans of cheap paint is
> rehabilitation? Am I missing something? Is this just an interim
> rehabilitation and we are going to see restoration down the line?
> (will we live to see it?)

I know that the bottom floor of the 1st Avenue pavillion has largely been fixed up.  You can still see people working on it every day in fact.  The top floor is in pretty bad shape though.

>> Uri Kahanow, Asbury Partners' director of retail, said leases are
>> signed for eight spaces in the First Avenue pavilion. They include
>> French-American bistro, a pizzeria, Gertrude Hawk candy, a bicycle-
>> umbrella rental shop, ice cream parlor, a UEZ-Asbury Chamber of
>> Commerce visitor center and a 3,000 square-foot amusement arcade.
>
> Someone told me that Fishman said publicly the other night that the
> leases were not signed.

They’ve been talking about many of those places for some time now.  I’d be surprised if some of the leases weren’t signed because I have a feeling that it’s the new tenants that are largely doing the restoration of the 1st Ave. Pavillion where the bike shop, candy place and pizza place are supposed to go.