apbooster732,

Sorry. Maureen Nevin wrote the following message to this list last
night, in response to the article by Nancy Shields in the Asbury Park
Press yesterday about Asbury Partners' plans for redevelopment and
the summer events they are sponsoring. I posted the article on this
list. In my message that you just responded to, I was responding to
her and oakdorf's messages about her article being like a press
release, like a public relations piece for Asbury Partners. I was
defending Shields a bit. Maureen wrote:

"Nancy, Nancy, Nancy -
Don't you think it's glaringly obvious that you mention the site of
the electrical supply store - Asbury Park - and not the headquarters
of Creamer & Son? Hackensack?

Why does your news report read like a press release - actually better
than the press releases that Asbury Partners puts out?
That's not your job, Nancy. You're not hired to be a cheerleader for
Oceanfront Asbury. Write news, not fluff. It's hard. No one likes
you. You have to dig and you won't always be 100% right, because
you'll be reporting on the edge. But in the end the legacies of
Mencken, Chuck Stone, Don Bolls, even Charles Sumner, will have been
honored.

Do it Nancy, because it's right.

In a message dated 4/13/2005 3:15:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,