He actually said that?

Since he is the mayor - then perhaps he should of stood in front of
City Hall with the cameras running and declared that....

or

take some actions to either help those hut dwellers or to get those
hut owners to clean up their act or better yet -use what city
resources to enforce building codes.

Better yet - watch a bit mroe closely whre those affordable housing $
are going.

To some, a hut is a mansion.

Maybe he should hop on a plane and take a tour around the world - to
some countries that are truly disadvantaged ( I can give him a few
stops). Then you come back and kiss the ground.

After that - take a tour of the US and see how poor and wasteful we
are and have many poorer communities then just AP that receive alot
less many and do more.