I was there last night and that's not what was said.  The statement was at one time we lived in huts (Paleolithic AKA prehistoric ), but we evolved into buildings. The topic of discussion at that point, was historic preservation. The talk was about buildings not people.  Unfortunately the racism seems to be on those who automatically assume that huts refer to black people and not the evolution of the world and species.  Evolution deals with the process of change over time. We don't build pyramids, we build sky scrappers. We don't buy blocks of ice, to keep an ice box cool. we have refrigerators with motors. That's evolution.  Look it up in the dictionary, the meaning is clear.  This is one reason, why I am glad I moved out of Asbury Park.  Though I am one town away, it's a big difference.

Angel