Subj: [AsburyPark] Past Glory - "food for thought." -- pablum
Date: 4/24/2005 12:33:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent on:

`"food for thought." That precludes impulsive tirades, pontifications,
and personal attacks.'

Don't know that it does; seems that any time we invite thought, the
door is opened to a process without forethought or constraint, where
various and random conclusions independent of proof or certainty may
result.

You may provide the stimuli but cannot determine the outcome.
Thinking and the conclusions derived is a veritable `can of worms',
which is why, today's politicians limit themselves to the pablum of
sound bites and emotional trickery.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Food for  thought:  Read "Asbury Park" for "Coney Island."

> In Coney Island's Future, Looking to Past Glory By _JOSEPH BERGER_
> (http://query.nytimes.com/search/query?ppds=bylL&v1=JOSEPH
> BERGER&fdq=19960101&td=sysdate&sort=newest&ac=JOSEPH
BERGER&inline=nyt-per)

> or decades, talk about a revival of Coney Island  was shrugged off
by the
> area's veterans as a distortion in a fun house mirror.  Such talk
was about a
> Coney Island of the Mind that did not match the reality of  a
shrunken and
> forlorn stretch of boardwalk concession stands and
down-at-the-heels amusement
> rides.
> But despite a long history of shattered dreams, there are signs that
perhaps
> this time a rebirth is in the offing.... (Complete article at this
link: _The
> New York  Times > New York Region > In Coney Island's Future,
Looking to Past