Today on Cablevision channel 132 (thirteenWORLD) at 2:00 PM:

Livable Landscapes: By Chance or By Choice?

Excerpts from their website:

"Livable Landscapes presents a problem and potential solutions that apply far beyond New England. This marvelous and unique film shows that we can create the future even if we can't predict it very well, and tells how."

By examining the history of land use and the changes that have hit working forests, farms, village centers and urban downtowns, the video looks at how communities have tried to preserve the qualities that make them unique....

Littleton, NH, where merchants, local officials and activists have transformed a dying Main Street into a vibrant, attractive place to live, work and shop....

Scarborough, ME, where developers and neighbors are working together to create a "new" New England village, and in the process are rethinking the zoning rules that have made it nearly impossible to "grow smart."

Livable Landscapes: | Bullfrog Films

Mario