 From: dfsavgny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 03:03:49 -0000
 Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Big influence ?

 Dane's diatribe is not really worth responding to, but I'll do it
 anyway. In short he is saying that we should forgive the incumbents
 for what? Not being on spot even some of the time? What are their
 qualifications? Diversity? When did that become the litmus test for
 public office? Sorry, but I will take some homogenity in return for
 competence. And what is this constant talk about the other
 candidates' lack of experience? It is obvious that Dane and his
 cohorts have not examined some of the candidates' experience. Cote
 spent 15 years in Holmdel governmet, 2 of which were as mayor.
 Schneider is and has been on the AP Planning Board for many years,
 including as chair. Koperweis has worked with municipalities for the
 past two decades and helped put Jersey City on the economic map.
 Keady has organized substantial social causes and business plans for
 not-for-profits. Some of the others, including Lamberton and Suggs
 also have some similar experience. And what about John Hamilton? Is
 he not diverse enough? He certainly has experience serving two terms
 on the AP council, the last of which he was the only one with a
 backbone. And who is spreading hate? Very few here have said
 anything other objective criticisms. What, the council is allowed to
 do anything they want and no one can say anything? I have a message
 for Dane and his candidates, "if you can't stand the heat, get out
 of the kitchen." On paper, Loffredo, Sanders and Bruno shouldn't
 even be on the same ballot with the likes of Schneider, Koperweis,
 Keady, Cote, and some of the others, when it comes to experience and
 qualifications. I have another message for you Dane, COMPROMISE is a
 two-way street, not ASBURY PARTNERS BOULEVARD.