I agree. The restoration that went into the homes that were bought
by a largely gay community, in my opinion, was the 'proof of
concept' that asbury could be restored. That, coupled with the gay
community's presence via businesses and places of recreation in town
provided a solid 'base'.

tony

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No.  Let's give credit where it is due.  It's the gay community
that got things
> started.  Like new world pioneers.  Without their courage here I'm
not sure
> much would have changed from five years ago.
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "noblarneyzone"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>