--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Dan,
>
> In reference to your  comment:
>

> You're mind was made up
> when AP|APAC  made its endorsement no matter what truths are
revealed
> to you. How  sad.
>
> I've just re-read all your posts going back as far as February 9.
I  was
> impressed with your single-minded focus on redevelopment issues as
you see  them,
> with very few forays into rumor or innuendo.  On the other  hand,
it is
> evident that your mind was made up even back then  with nary a
concession made
> since then to any of the truths revealed  here.  I don't find
anything wrong with
> that,... and I won't comment, "How  sad."

None of the truths revealed here are contrary to my opinion.
Certainly you and similiar voices have not revealed any such truths
with the exception that you are collectively married to this
development no matter what the ultimate costs are, or what
opportunities are lost.

Furthermore, I began my whole saga in AP also hoping this
development would go through unperturbed, however, the more I found
out about it, the more I realized how short-sighted and one-sided it
is, and I beleive, not what is the best for AP in its current state.
There are very few modifications that I would suggest at minimum,
and what I think are feasible. Besides the issues with the plan
itself, is the problem with the developer, because he is not one at
all and every inch of progress this city has made has been through
the effort, expense and sweat of private citizens and investors
excludng Asbury Partners.

I also began this process with a clean slate with regard to the
council. While early on I suspected that they were not up to the
task of the redevelopment, I never assumed or alledged that they
were corrupt. My early inclinations as to their inability to steer
AP through a susbtantial redevelopment has only later been
reinforced by their actions/inactions and further illumination of
what they have failed to provide.

As to motive, I will still give them the benefit of the doubt,
however, that does not include John Loffredo as the tiger has shown
his stripes. When it comes to Asbury Park and Asbury Partners, he
sides with the developer. How the gay community can support him
confounds me since he has clearly lied to the public. He should not
be supported and none of your quotes can change the fact that he
lied. This is neither rumor nor innuendo, although I could do a play
on words with that last one, but I'll leave that to Skip.

These are the facts that your quotation book cannot alter or lessen:

John Loffredo lied and reversed his position on the Triangle and
chose to publically be spoon fed by and become the spokesman for
Asbury Partners.

This council approved a plan in violation of Monmouth County Land
Use Law and the prior plan in effect.

This council approved a plan negotiated by a convicted and admitted
felon who took bribes from a real estate developer.

This council approved a plan that takes businesses and homes from
your neighbors, while exempting others who have friends in high
places.

This council sold off virtually all public assets with not knowing
their value or commissioning a single appraisal.

This council refuses to enforce the provisions of the redevelopment
plan when it is violated by Asbury Partners.

This council has failed to balance a single budget while in office
without resorting to seeling off additional assets.

This council first agreed, and later increased, tax abatements to
the new condos owners which exempt them from paying school or state
property taxes.

This council was most recently ready to sell off our last asset
(Triangle) for a fraction of its value and had no personnel that
could even understand the appraisals commissioned for its sale and
why they were wrong.

This council is asking to refinance and extend the sewer debt in
another attempt to balance the budget.

This council has not created one single job in Asbury Park.