Is anyone concerned about the obscene amount of money raised by the incumbents? If you use $63,000 as a final number, that comes to about $32 for every person who cast a vote. I agree that we should move forward with the council we have. But ignoring this kind of influence can be a truly naïve act.
Maureen

In a message dated 5/18/2005 5:24:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com writes:
Message: 20
   Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:41:18 -0000
   From: "dfsavgny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: REIDY AND AARON - plurality equals landslide?  Do explain.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> An election is a poll.

etc., etc.

This post has Tommy written all over it. Glad you came out from cover
so we all know who we're dealing with.

Agreed, the election is over, but are you sure you mathematcially
factored in a 19 man race? I don't think anyone has done it correctly.
I take it back that more voted against the incumbents. We just don't
know because we have to assume that everyone voted for 5 candidates,
which may or may not be true. So if everyone did not then there are non
votes that were not counted which considering two single groups,
incumbents and challengers, would speak for or against them.

Speak up - It's America!!
Maureen Nevin
Restore Radio 88.1FM - 4 Years on the Radio!!

Asbury Park's Own Live Talk Show
601 Bangs Avenue
Listen 8 - 10 PM Thursdays on 88.1FM or
Listen Live or Later on the Web http://www.restoreradio.com/