First of all, all the chains have certain demographic requirements.
Traffic and proeprty location are key as well.So is parking. Give 1
or 1.5 acres in AP now....

Since I've been marketing a property on the West Side (RR PLAZA) for
my clients - I've probably spoken to over 500 agents/investors.
Marketing a property, for now, on the West Side of the tracks on and
the East Side are different things - but it is improving. The
Spingwood Ave plan must be done ASAP to tie things together.

A long time back we had this discussion about nationals or not.
Nationals, like it or not, bring with it the Brand and national
requirements  - like operating hours and standards (and prices).

A national on Cookman or surrounding area will help bring some
stability AND traffic - traffic that shop in the "original" shops
and keep them afloat the next couple years.

You can try to make AP as anti-kid as possible - and you will lose x
amount of spending $ - that could make or break an area.

While Harry's may have been "cool" for about 2 hours - maybe an
Applebee's or Fridays may still be operating today.

You can have a national that will follow architectual guidelines are
well - if you make 'em.

So if you have some space for rent or sale - feel free to call me -
I'll let you know what national may express interest...bank, fast
food, drug store, cleaner....