On 5/20/05 11:22 AM, "David J. Mieras" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thank you for the words of support for the New Jersey Music Hall of Fame
> (NJMHOF) www.njmusic.org . We are actively seeking and in negotiation for a
> spot. I do not think that people are aware of the incredible talent and
> skills our Board of Director's possess.

While we received good press coverage overall I was disappointed in the
coverage in the local area.  Newspapers like the Home News Tribune (New
Brunswick area) had the story on page 2 while the Asbury Park Press (who did
a nice story) practically buried the story in the "Our Towns" section.  This
is not a local Asbury Park story - this is a major statewide project.  I'm
amazed that papers around the state recognized this and some of our local
papers failed to do so.

Of course, Tri-City News didn't even bother to show up.  We knew this wasn't
part of "their plan" for the city but it just shows again how they do not
even attempt to be true journalists reporting on things in the city.  They
report only what they want to report.  Somehow I get the feeling by the way
the story keeps getting picked up around the world that this may become a
story so big that they ultimately have to deal with it.

As a member of the group behind the New Jersey Music Hall of Fame, I would
very much like to hear what people on the Yahoo group think of the project.
We believe it will add many jobs, bring in much revenue, and serve as one of
the anchors to bringing tourism back to Asbury Park.

Anybody care to throw out their thoughts on the museum?

-Gary Wien