...since I really have no experience in running a sewerage treatment
plant (other then when I was a kid), but I do pay around 8 sewer
bills, and I do pay my onw health insurance, I have to write to my
Town Manager and see if I can be appointed. Maybe I'll offer him a
small gig, like mowing my lawn for a couple k.

The quote "... we'll do our own audit"

off the 'net:
like the fox guarding the chicken coop = a thief protecting money; or
a dangerous person watching over a small child

DON'T LET THE FOX GUARD THE HENHOUSE - "Don't assign a job to someone
who will then be in a position to exploit it for his own ends. Said
to one who entrusts his money to sharpers. The proverb has been
traced back to 'Contre-League' (1589) and is similar to the
Latin: 'Ovem lupo commitere' ('To set a wolf to guard sheep.') First
attested in the United States in 'Poet's Proverbs' (1924). The
proverb is found in varying forms: Don't put the fox to guard the
chicken house; Don't let the fox guard the chicken coop; Don't set a
wolf to watch the sheep; It's a case of the proverbial fox guarding
the chickens, etc. The idea is expressed in the old nursery
rhyme: 'Sleep, my little one, sleep. Thy father guards the sheep'."
>From "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" (1996)
by Gregory Y. Titelman (Random House, New York, 1996).