"We're just funnin ya Tom, no mean spiritness in it."

Hey, I've seen Tom dressed as described and this seems the perfect
event to define "no one can suck and blow simultaneously".  Now I took
a bit of poetic license placing him at Wonder Bar in that dress, but
he certainly made an appearance at an art show featuring nudity
wearing the Groucho mustache, glasses, and an overcoat.

Perhaps Tom's problem here is that he'd written a piece slamming the
show for its immorality.  Is it possible that disguise was meant, not
as the joke I had assumed but, to camouflage his attendance?  If this
is the case you've only yourself to blame.

Only the Shadow knows.