Thank you for caring, Frank!  Also, may I add that it is so
uplifting to know that the board members are working together with
the superintendent for the betterment of the schools and most of
all, the children.
  It is so crucial that teachers conduct themselves with class and
dignity for they are the greatest role models for our school aged
children. I didn't like what I witnessed, but I am so glad you
informed me of all the success stories regarding the other schools
in Asbury Park. The board and the superintendent are obviously on
the right track to improve the district. I am not one to post, being
a shy guy, however this graduation blew my mind.
  If possible, next year please post the dates and times of each of
the graduations in the district. I definitely want to attend the
high school's graduation again and witness the improvement.  Thanks
again,  Jon  :)

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycheech"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Cabaretjon and other members of the group,
>     I really appreciate your viewpoint on the high school
graduation
> ceremony.  We had five graduation exercises this week, and I think
> that all of them with the exception of the high school's were
> conducted with great dignity and meaning.  Having been in the
> eucation field for 35 years, I have to say that the ceremony at
the
> Bangs Ave. school, once considered our least desirable school, was
> the nicest grad. ceremony I have ever attended.  However, the high
> school's was the worst I have ever attended, and I have attended
some
> really awful graduations over the years.  Robert, our board
president
> was seated on the stage, however, gave a commenable, dignified
> address, and the kids on the stage in general, behaved, at least
> until the diplomas were handed out.  And yes, I agree that the
> Superintendent shoul have assisted in handing out the diplomas.
The