On 6/20/05 9:44 PM, "charlie leonard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> there is a paraking garage planed, or was planned, for
> behind club paradise?  right?  and another parking
> garage in the downtown, but it has yet to be worked
> out?  north beach will have contained parking, along
> with c8, so i dont see what the big issue with parking
> is.  when something is going on, you walk, thats the
> way its always been.  its like that in anytown, not
> just asbuy park.

I didn't say the problem was just in Asbury Park.  I've seen many places
plan out parking better.  Entertainment venues can and do lose out on people
when they can't find a place to park within a reasonable amount of walking
distance.  Sure you can walk from Main Street to the ocean if you know the
area but if you're coming to a town for the first time - and Asbury Park is
a tourist town where at any given time people may be here for the first time
- shouldn't you make it easy for them?  That way, they keep coming back.

All I know is that I've seen plenty of shows lose out on maybe half of their
audience when a show takes place at Convention Hall.  And it's not that they
are losing their audience to Convention Hall (it's usually a different
audience) it's the fact that if people can't find a spot after 20 minutes of
searching, they'll go somewhere else.