--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> feel I have as much at stake in her movie being perfect as she
> does.  I wish her the best, I have confidence in Christina as
> an "old school" Asbury Parker, and I hope she thoroughly
> investigates all facts with real historians, and not these
> reletively new fakers running around today.

I hear where you're coming from, but whether the corruption you cite
had anything to do with AP's fall, it is still part of its history.
Certainly, it has played a part in its fall from grace to say the
least. The love for a city from someone with a long family history
there has to be like the love for a family; you love them warts and
all. Believe me, I am not trying to pick a squabble with you, but I
take exception to your use of "reletively (sic) new fakers." Way
back I asked you who is an APer, did someone have to be born here or
live here a requisite number of years before being considered an
APer? You replied (paraphrased), "anyone who claims it for their
own." So I ask you, who has more at stake here? One who was born and
who moved away when trouble brewed, or one who has come late in the
game despite the trouble and invests in AP's future potential?
Lastly, I ask you to point me in the right direction so that I get
my facts straight. Who are the "real historians" and who are
the "new fakers?" Come on, name names.