Several year back when I needed a hand with the Flag at my post because it got
stuck up there in the wind.My Commander said ask the Fireman to help they
will.The Asbury Park Fireman have always been there for the Veterans in the
City of Asbury Park.When City employees forget to put the flag at full mass at
Sunset Lake Memorail Park the Fireman go there & take care of it.Some A.P.
Fireman even voluteer  to help restore the Sunset Lake Veterans Memorial on
there time.Before I came to the Post my Commander Mike Villipano told me the
Fireman would always come help with the flag at our post.Or if you need  for
something just ask them tell them you are in the VFW here they will take care
of you.Mike has past away know he was from WWII I miss him alot.Him & I  was
very close.Mike said what was on his mind didn't hold anything back.The Fireman
in the City of A.P. have always been there Veterans espically those WWII
Veterans.It's is alot harder to be a Fireman in this day & age they it was when
I was on a Volunteer Company 15 years  & takes alot of courage to walk into a
burning building just remember they are a large part of why I feel we should
have a Flag flying on our Waterway 24/7.

James Grabe
Veterans Alliance
Asbury Park N.J.