So Asbury Park loses all around is what I'm getting. Or does the City win?

Sharon Boone
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please note: message attached

--- Begin Message --- Dan,

Good point. That article I posted seemed to use all three
interchangeably.  Can you tell by the article which one Long Branch
is?  Could it be a combination of all 3?

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > JJ:  See below. I thought LB was tax abated.  Did this change?
>

> People use tax abatements and exemptions interchangeably, however,
> they are not the same thing. An exemption is calculated by
exempting a
> portion of the assessed value, while an abatement is an amount
> directly credited against your tax bill. While they both try to
> achieve the same end, they are not the same. Also, I find it
somewhat
> ametuerish that purportedly knowledgeable people use exemptions
and/or
> abatements with PILOT. PILOT are payments in lieu of taxes when
the
> property is TOTALLY EXEMPT from conventional taxes. That's like
the
> WTC and Times Square both situated on state property, thus exempt.
>
> While I am nitpicking, I think it is telling that some dealing
with
> this don't have a complete grasp of the concepts.

--- End Message ---