--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, traderdube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> How funny BB, Dan and Tom's Ice Cream, LOL funny...except, how
> appropriate it would be for Dan and Tom to
> put their money where there imaginative mouths are.

First, we were referring to Dan S and me, not Dan J and me.

Second - I have money invested in AP in real estate (not to mention
enormous amounts of time energy volunteering for three different
community boards). How about you? Your money where your mouth is?

>If things are so GREAT in Dan's Little City By The Sea he ought to
> come out of his bunker and prove it. Alas, similar to turning down
> Keady's invite to walk the streets, Dan and Tom will
> continue to write their fiction and ne'er step foot on those mean
>streets.

First, Keady can walk around AP for the rest of his life and not
catch up to me being on Asbury's streets.

Second, the only way you can conclude that I turned Jim down is by
not following the posts.  Jim turned it down.  The topic was whether
AP is a "racist town."  My answer was no, Jim's was yes. Jim first
invited me to walk around AP find the racism.  Knowing that would be
futile, I compared it to walking to the Shore to find mermaids (or
intelligent liberals).  A light bulb went off in Jim's head that
walking around AP would not turn up racism (because I'm right, it
isn't a racist place) Jim turned it to an invite to talk to 3 people
he believes he heard make an off color remark during his campaign.
Hardly a walk about AP, T-Dube.

Third, although you won't believe me, I feel a certain need to
protect our young councilman from himself.  Just like I wouldn't let
him list names on this board of his constituents that he
believes "can't make an informed, intelligent decision," I also
won't take part in Jim publicly announcing that he categorizes his
constituents as a bunch of racists.  Each would be an act of
political suicide (assuming the AP Press ever pays attention here)
and I won't take part in Jim doing that to himself (or us for that
matter - I'm no racist - any of you?).

> I have a question. In the interview with Vin Scelsa and Daniel
>Wolff, they talk about the Asbury riots. Wolff refers to riots
> as a rebellion, interestingly. He also says that the Asbury riots
>were 2 years after the riots that rocked American cities.
> I recall that the Asbury riots were going on at the same time as
>rioting in Newark, Watts, Detroit, Trenton and elsewhere.
> Who is correct.

While AP vandalism was several years removed from the other cities
riots, you aren't wrong to put them in the same time frame as I
don't believe the general mood of the country had changed.  That
being said it is a tricky question, because the AP vandalism didn't
have it's genesis in the mood of the country like the other places.

>Wolff also relates a Springsteen story that has Bruce climbing a
>water tower and seeing the riots on Springwood and
> people on the beach.

I hope Gary Wein asks Wolff in his interview if he knows which tower
that was.

>But oh what a treat it would be to see a Kohrs Ice Cream
> on the boardwalk again in Asbury, there is one in Point Pleasant,
>but that's hardly a boardwalk. It's more like a bunch of boards.

I must respectfully disagree.  Pt. Pleasant boardwalk rocks.