Title: Re: [AsburyPark] WE MUST BLEND RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL TO
On 8/15/05 9:27 PM, "charlie leonard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"make the waterfront work.......Take a look at Belmar.......Cut back
on
the number of condos planned.....integrate more open space......have
some quality entertainment.....and make it work.....I think the
Wesley
townhouse project looks like crap!"

belmar didnt cut back on any condos,  there taking down the entertainment you speak of, and putting up condos in its place.

Charlie,

Look closely at Belmar’s main street... It’s losing businesses right and left.  Even the Mayor admitted that the town probably went too far in trying to move residential.  The problem? There are still a ton of wealthy people from NYC that buy houses on the shore but don’t plan on LIVING here year round.  That’s why the Jersey Shore still needs tourism.  If you count on the residential you may lose out like Belmar did.  I’ve been in Belmar for 15 years and it’s never had as many problems in the downtown as it does now.  This, only a few years, after people got excited when they replaced the Belmar Playland (arcade, mini golf) with houses.

Tourist towns to residential doesn’t always work.  Belmar is a fine example.

United state patent United state flag United state patent search
Trademark united state United state quarters Asbury park nj

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS