If you insist upon a repeat of history, you are going to repeat some
pretty bad stuff.  I'd mention one thing, but I wouldn't want JJ to
nail me with some internet rule.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Skip Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> "…no slave to history.  Like me …do wonderful, progressive things
> without being cuffed to the past. We can be better than out past
with
> only a bit of courage to do so."
>
> Just when it appeared there might be hope our wonder boy, he
reminds
> us that those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to
repeat
> them; I guess Rove doesn't teach that lesson.
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Tim is the man. I really like this guy's posts. Like me, he is
no
> > slave to history.  Like me he clearly has confidence that his
own
> > generation is good, and can do wonderful, progressive things
without
> > being cuffed to the past. We can be better than out past with
only a
> > bit of courage to do so.
> >
> > I'm not alone in the universe.  ALL HAIL TIM!!!
> >

> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > Charlie,
> > >
> > >      My post was in response to the comparison of the liberty
Bell
> > > the Stone Pony.  The 'Stone Pony' deals with the temporal pop
> > culture
> > > world.  It is tied to that frivolous world. I would like to
think
> > the
> > > 'Libery Bell' deals a bit more with the eternal, and overall
is a
> > more
> > > important structure.
> > >    I'm not suggesting the Stone Pony should be torn down, I'm
just
> > > suggesting don't be afraid with what might replace it.  It
might be
> > > better.  After all, when I go to NYC, I much prefer "The
Knitting
> > > Factory" to "CBGB's".  It is just a better club at this time,
even
> > > though it does not have the legendary status of CB's.   And
when I
> > go
> > > to Asbury, I much more prefer "The Saint" or that "Bowling
> > Alley".  At
> > > this point they are just better.
> > >      The guy running the "Bowling Alley" got Jon Spencer to
come
> > down
> > > and play a show for christ sakes. People should be talking
about
> > that,
> > > not about a charity "Springsteen" show.
> > >
> > >      Any band that plays the Mercury Lounge, Knitting Factory
NYC

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM