--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> >What you need are sales and payroll taxes, etc.
>
> Rich residents and wealthy day-trippers will give us that.  Remember:
> Monmouth County has more people than Boston and a much higher median
> income.

Will they come here to photograph 3,162 new condos? Or jog around their
parking garages? No one is talking about bringing people from Iowa,
although, with the music history, buffs might make the trip. However,
if a tourist attraction segment is included, those coming to the NY
area might make the trip here. With nothing but 3,000+ condos there is
no reason for anyone to come here unless you bought one of the places.
There will not be much opportunity for sales taxes from residents if
more retail commercial is not included since they are likely to go up
35N to the strips and malls. There will be no payroll taxes from them
either because there are no jobs in AP that will enable them to support
the prices they have to ay for the condos. No one is talking about
building a Disney World here. We are just saying that AP does have some
inherent strengths that it should build on instead of plowing over. If
you do the latter, there are a number of choices (better in some minds)
for the day trippers or new condo buyers than AP. There is nothing to
distinguish AP from the other places.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM