"Both owners …were there for nothing more than turning a buck selling
liquor.  …owners used to skim every last dime before any bookkeeping
was done… there isn't anything to really own other than the name
itself.  That building is a wreck, it's a barely standing shell…"

The more things change the more they stay the same.

All of what was remains true today; the place is despicable as is its
owner, just guess who that is?  The owner fired the staff on closing
and milks the place for every dime; for good measure he occasionally
shows up to puke and wet his pants.

Despite the obscenity that the Pony is, it like many other places
became a legend and that, the legend, is what is worth saving.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM