Unfortunately they are being called "refugees" because they are
black. Do you think that if they were oil barons sonny boy would
only be getting the troops with supplies there today? Four days
after the fact!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon G. Boone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I want to know why these people are being called "refugees"?
Refugees are non-citizens! They are "evacuees"! There are no
Haitians, Puerto ricans or Dominicans like residents here in AP.
These people are the descendants of French, Indian, Spanish
who "settled" New Orleans in the 1700's! Refugees? NOT! CUBANS are
refugees, not native-born citizens who have lived in Louisiana for
over 450 years! I am indignant as it is my home town and people are
being shuttled like cattle, separated from their babies, just like
slavery! I say Impeach Bush and fire that FEMA director! 5 days with
no food and water! I survived Hurricane Betsy in 1965 with 5 ft of
water in my kitchen downstairs. I survived Camille in 1969, without
a scratch, on St. Anthony St., which is now under water. I found out
that in 1965 the levee was blasted on purpose in the 9th Ward, which
is ALL-Black to save white Metarie, Was the levee blasted this time
to get rid of all the Blacks?  500 Black people drowned that night!
We are expendable! Can you say, "IMMINENT DOMAIN"? Blacks are real
savvy to the dealings of racist whites in the south! There's not too
much wool you can pull over thier eyes! The Federal government was
asked for funds after a dry run on this type of tradgedy a year ago!
The government saud, NO! The money was sent to IRAQ! The 165 year
old home of former White Citizens Council Member, trent Lott will be
rebuilt, FIRST! New Orleans is 78% Black, Asbury Park is 80% Black.
Watch what happens to New Orleans and Asbury Park will be dealt the
same, only on a smaller scale! Nothing changes! Spare me your
comments!
> A Strong Black Woman
>

> Sharon Boone
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> FROM MY DOMAIN SERVER CREW IN NEW ORLEANS:POSTED BY KEVIN BROWN
The Real News
> The following is the result of an interview I just conducted via
cell phone with a New Orleans citizen stranded at the Convention
Center. I don't know what you're hearing in the mainstream media or
in the press conferences from the city and state officials, but here
is the truth:

> "Bigfoot" is a bar manager and DJ on Bourbon Street, and is a
local personality and icon in the city. He is a lifelong resident of
the city, born and raised. He rode out the storm itself in the
Iberville Projects because he knew he would be above any flood
waters. Here is his story as told to me moments ago. I took notes
while he talked and then I asked some questions:

> Three days ago, police and national guard troops told citizens to
head toward the Crescent City Connection Bridge to await
transportation out of the area. The citizens trekked over to the
Convention Center and waited for the buses which they were told
would take them to Houston or Alabama or somewhere else, out of this
area.

> It's been 3 days, and the buses have yet to appear.
>
> Although obviously he has no exact count, he estimates more than
10,000 people are packed into and around and outside the convention
center still waiting for the buses. They had no food, no water, and
no medicine for the last three days, until today, when the National
Guard drove over the bridge above them, and tossed out supplies over
the side crashing down to the ground below. Much of the supplies
were destroyed from the drop. Many people tried to catch the
supplies to protect them before they hit the ground. Some offered to
walk all the way around up the bridge and bring the supplies down,
but any attempt to approach the police or national guard resulted in
weapons being aimed at them.

> There are many infants and elderly people among them, as well as
many people who were injured jumping out of windows to escape flood
water and the like -- all of them in dire straights.

> Any attempt to flag down police results in being told to get away
at gunpoint. Hour after hour they watch buses pass by filled with
people from other areas. Tensions are very high, and there has been
at least one murder and several fights. 8 or 9 dead people have been
stored in a freezer in the area, and 2 of these dead people are
kids.

> The people are so desperate that they're doing anything they can
think of to impress the authorities enough to bring some buses.
These things include standing in single file lines with the eldery
in front, women and children next; sweeping up the area and cleaning
the windows and anything else that would show the people are not
barbarians.

> The buses never stop.
>
> Before the supplies were pitched off the bridge today, people had
to break into buildings in the area to try to find food and water
for their families. There was not enough. This spurred many families
to break into cars to try to escape the city. There was no police
response to the auto thefts until the mob reached the rich area --
Saulet Condos -- once they tried to get cars from there... well then
the whole swat teams began showing up with rifles pointed. Snipers
got on the roof and told people to get back.

> He reports that the conditions are horrendous. Heat, mosquitoes
and utter misery. The smell, he says, is "horrific."

> He says it's the slowest mandatory evacuation ever, and he wants
to know why they were told to go to the Convention Center area in
the first place; furthermore, he reports that many of them with cell
phones have contacts willing to come rescue them, but people are not
being allowed through to pick them up.

> I have "Bigfoot"'s phone number and will gladly give it to any
city or state official who would like to tell him how everything is
under control.

> Addendum: Bigfoot just called to report that "they" (the
authorities) are cleaning up the dead bodies at the Convention
Center right now.  <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

Asbury park real estate Asbury park Seaside resort <!-- |**|end egp
html banner|**| --><!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>  Visit your group "AsburyPark" on the web.
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM