Sharon, I completely understand your frustrations with this group, but perhaps you can view us like i do, i am sooo busy these days with being care giver to my senior mom and handicap brother that I welcome any news of what's going on in the lives of others, sort of like, if you're with 2 year olds 24/7 that any adult conversations are a blessing, lol.

 lighten up dear heart and go with the flow, we all mean well, i think, lol, or better yet, when i lived in nyc, i'd rather say, some of us fly further than fire island, and/or, its a small world after all, never know who knows who when you're doing whatever you do, where ever you do what you do. and its not what you know, but what you know about whom that counts most.

as for my little charity, please help by volunteerring your time, and or donations, people (children, seniors, etc) are sufferring and Mercy Center, like Chant ran out of food before the month's end too.  why do you think they have fund raisers.  spread the word, how ever you can, even on a yahoo group, email list etc., CHANT's motto is, "hunger does not take a vacation."  and i hope you read the article in the app and coaster, this is no joke, good nutrition is good for life.

Kean maybe the cause of many people being without a pay check to spend in asbury park when he closed Tom Smith's office in Asbury, that's why there is a CHANT food pantry, Tom Smith helped to build it.  Smith even helped me get my show on cable in 1992 when he presented the cable company with the FCC rules and regulations to train his residents to be Producers of their own show.  He also got me my notary stamp too.

to bad Smith was a Lincoln republican, but at least they named a building after him, even if he was the first and only black assemblyman in the history of monmouth county.  yet he made his mark to help promote many blacks, like judges, policeman, broadcasters, etc.,

but when it came to politics, Smith couldn't do anything to help Mr Fashion get his job because "the 11th district wasn't designed to be a life long position for black candidates" according to Bill Dow on the day Kean was selected.  I put it on my show and you know what happened to Bill Dow and his job, he was challenged and lost to a kean supporter.  and there goes the Smith office to Wall, the beginning.

I got to document all events and I donating my skills because of knowing Tom Smith.  I hope I do him proud, perhaps if I become the Oprah of NJ, money wise, he'd rise from the grave smiling saying, did I do That?  Yes, Mr Smith, there is a money tree in asbury park for me too, a democratic humanitarian black cherokee asbury park woman.  talk about a wammie of tokens all wrapped up into one, lol

nice chatting with you

Shangazi

"Sharon G. Boone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You missed my point entirely! I am NOT against this Charity AT ALL!
There are a lot of people in this group involved in one charity or
another! So you're older than me! I knew that! You know me but not by
name or I have a forgettable face! One of the terms of this group is
non-solicitation, which means, no spamming or petitoning for
anything! This group is about everything, Asbury Park! Go to the
group site and read! Better still, send a press release to the
Coaster, or heaven forbid, the Press. Ma'm the Mom's you cite here
are in dire straits, granted. I hated to sound mean-spirited and if I
did, I beg your apology. I am not here to tell anyone what to do. All
I asked is that you and some others adhere t the purpose of this
group. What happened to the Sisters of Mercy? I remember them being
the place to go, if one needed help. Did Sean Kean get rid of that
service, too? He's too busy trying to get reelected to a job he's
unqualified to do. The constituents, the majority, are here in Asbury
Park! Does ANYONE know where his office is? I sure don't! Low income
people are NOT being served! Ma'm I tell back everything I said. I
don't own this group; I'm just part of it. Sorry, really!

Sharon

Ms Shangazi Presents:  Issues and answers
MSP TV 77
Real Life Documentaries on MSP TV 77
Watch MSP TV 77 on Cablevision Tue 9:30pm
Questions, Comments, Suggestions,
732-775-1912, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For a Small Fee, It's Practically FREE!

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS