At 5:51 PM +0000 11/7/05, dfsavgny wrote:
>--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Joe D'Andrea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> look further on that site, you'll see that Bruno, Loffredo,
>Sanders and Johnson have already registered as candidates for the
>2009 municipal election. There does not appear to be a filing for a
>committee named "The Future is Here" and that would appear to be a
> > violation of NJ election law.
>
>Joe, are you saying there has to be a separate filing for the
>committee? I see that is the name of their ticket.

Just so we're clear. On Saturday morning I saw no filing on the NJ Election Law
Enforcement Commission's website for "The Future Is Here." I did see filings
for the individual 2009 municipal candidates: Bruno, Johnson, Loffredo and
Sanders. Two other people -- who independently looked at the ELEC website from
their own computers on Saturday -- confirmed that there was no entry for "The
Future Is Here." That's why on Saturday morning I said: "There does not appear
to be a filing for a committee named "The Future is Here" and that would appear
to be a violation of NJ election law."

Since things aren't always what they appear to be, I took a look again this
morning. Guess what... Now there is a filing for "The Future Is Here" on the
ELEC website with a filing date on 10/17/2005.

Things that make you go "hmmmm...."

~joe

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM