"The obvious question is could they have gotten more?"

That's the obvious no-brainer; obvious question is how such behavior
became so common?

Corruption and or stupidity are too obvious at the municipal level,
but how do we explain Meridian Health a for profit corporation having
annual revenue of ¾ of a $billion?  They didn't need the money?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM