--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm 100% FOR getting an Official Domestic Partners Act for the GLBT
> Community here in Asbury & NJ!
>
> However, I am TOTALLY Unhappy with the Way the NY Gays have Formed
an
> "Unholy Alliance" with the Redevelopers, and are Purposely HELPING
> Gentrify the Minorities, PARTICULARLY the Afro-Americans OUT of
Asbury
> Park!

Steve, no one likes being blindly lumped together. If you have
information about what certain individuals have done, fine, name
names. But to say NY Gays is unfair and causes nothing but derision,
and I assume, hurts what support you may have from any in that group
you so widely define. It appears to me that the Gay and lesbian
community in AP, where ever they hail from, has for the most part,
extended its hand to the poor in this city through a variety of
efforts. I think it is unfair for you to suggest that 1) they are
all lumped into a group and 2) if they are a group that they have
actively tried to get minorities out of the city.

As to affordable housing, I am still of the opinion that there is
more than an ample amount of it in AP. Look at the ratio of renters
to owners. What is needed is affordable home ownership programs, not
more subsidized rentals. And of course, as you stated, JOBS. The
latter will only come from something more than condos however.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM