--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I thought I made clear days ago I believed Keady not Nancy.  How
> many times do I have to say it before you believe it, friend?

It took you a while though, but yes you did, but then when I asked
for the same apology you started again.

> Having a contract with the City doesn't have to color anything I
> say.

It doesn't have to but it does. Especially when you'll say one thing
privately and another publicly. Don't ask me what, I don't want to
bring you out of the closet, not before Christmas at least.

>Besides, if I was somehow duty bound to agree with them, would I
really be standing at that microphone promising to sue them?

I wanted them to pass the bill just for that threat. I will pay to
see that.

> Also, when they read their proposed letter to Mr. Fishman about
not
> finishing the pavillions and all of you stood and clapped, was it
> not me that loudly protested that it was only a half effort
because
> it didn't assert a default?

Loudly? You whispered in my ear. You asked why I was applauding and
that it should be a default. Did I have a senior moment when you
said something to that effect at the mike?

> If I was the good soldier you sometimes
> claim I am, I wouldn't be against them on anything.

I don't claim you are a good soldier, but I think it makes it
difficult for anyone who has a contract that is approved by the
council to be openly critical of them. Now it's one think to
say, "that resolution is a violation of my constitutional rights"
and another to say "hey Councilman X you're lying through your
teeth" or something to that effect. Now, you and I know in our
hearts that those remarks, and something in between, are justified
to have been said, but again, your contract makes it difficult for
you to admit it openly.

> To be clear on that issue - what a joke that they "inquire" of Mr.
> Fishman about his "future plans" and request to know if he would
> like to come back to the negotiating table.  If I ever recieved
such
> a wimpy, soft letter such as that I'd blow my nose in it and throw
> it away.  If I wrote that letter for them, I would have triggered
> the default clause and notified Mr. Fishman that the procedure to
re-
> take the pavillions was started.  Let him beg me to come back to
the
> table, not the other way around.

Uh-oh, you calling Ed Johnson a wimp? Listen, I will be the first to
throw molotov cocktails but also the first to shake someone's hand.
I'll give this or any Council what it deserves. Nothing is personal.
This is a first step. Would I like it to go further? Of course, but
in the barren landscape that this has been I'll take this droplet.
When Jan 18 comes around we'll see what the letter brings. If the
Council doesn't follow through as it suggests (D-word) then I'll
start the assualt.

> Honestly, if you think my opinions are controlled or tainted you
> have the wrong guy.  I'm controlled by love for AP - personalities
> aren't relevant.

I don't think its personalities. I think its money.

> Oh yea - Bread and Butter?  You kiddin'?  I don't exactly have an
> Ansell sized contract.  I think we are the lowest paid law firm in
> the City budget, despite being the only law firm to hold "Supreme
> Court Certification" in our area of practice.

That's $40 odd grand. Not chump change. Ah, but you're not as
devious as old JGA. Then you'd be in the big bucks, but you would
need a flashlight to see with your head up the Fish's butt.

> If I don't talk to you, Merry Chirstmas, Happy Hanukkah to you and
> yours, and to all on this board!

You too my friend, peace, health and prosperity to you and your
loved ones for the coming year.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM