Tommy,
If I was in charge of the city payroll, I give you the same pay raise that some of the city hall favorites got because of their loyalty, not for professional skills measured in the real work place.
Satisfactory answers are the result of many pointless questions, at first glance, and discovery is made shorter by what is not said. A lawyer, a car salesman, same goal......just got a different way of telling the facts.
You have the same access (friends) in city hall as I have. Not everybody in city hall adores the "click" and believe in working in a professional atmosphere.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS