I think attending meetings and speaking at the mike does make a difference. Changes certainly have followed.
Look at Roxy Gokberk's statements of this past week before the mike. Do you think Bruno or Sanders would've declared from the podium that no one on the council wants to take her houses - regardless of what the plan says - had she not initiated the subject there in person and with such passion?
Maureen

In a message dated 1/6/2006 8:54:57 AM Eastern Standard Time, AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com writes:
  Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:41:21 -0000
   From: "dfsavgny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Fish payments and affordable housing $$$

> Pretty soon, this yahoo group should be posting announcements -
births,
> deaths, marriages etc.

This group is fine for disseminating information, however, it is not a
substitute for council meetings. The council needs to hear the people.
I will admit that it doesn't appear to make much of a difference,
however, if more came and spoke and raised the level of concern,
perhaps it would.

Speak up - It's America!!
Maureen Nevin
Asbury Radio -"The Radio Voice of Asbury Park"
88.1FM - "5" Years on the Air!!
Asbury's Own Live Talk Show
601 Bangs Avenue
Listen 8 - 10 PM Thursdays on 88.1FM or
Listen Live or Later on the Web http://www.restoreradio.com/

Call the show
732-775-0821
Call me 732-774-0779 fax 502-0463

Asbury park home Asbury park nj Asbury park hotel
Asbury park foreclosure Asbury park real estate Asbury park

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS