"…the MOU coincided with clearing away the long-hanging litigation.
…property in AP could once again react to the normal market forces
seen in neighboring communities. My approach would be to at minimum,
avoid any chance of project enhancement or condemnation blight and say
to the court that NO AP sales should be used. As it now stands,
property owners are faced with valuations based upon unreasonably
depressed sale prices when the entire waterfront was held up in
litigation or the properties were subject to condemnation."

Haven't you identified the kernel of the problem created when
government utilizes eminent domain, not for purposes necessary for the
public good, but for enhancement of real estate values?

Seems to me that that the traditional motivation has a lesser
influence, while the latter is not only potentially much greater, but
clearly robs Peter to pay Paul.