"…a closer… You can take issue with the design, grouping and the use,
however, it is not true that they are being built in a substandard
manner or with cheap materials. The windows are all good quality Pella
…exterior trim and clapboards are not aluminum or vinyl, but a
substantial composite material… embossed with a raised wood grain."
[and my buddy Charlie] "cheap buildings are built with 2 by 4s…
notice, how wesley lake us sing 2 by 6s, giving way for extra
insulation.  the windows are not cheap… that fiber board that was
mentioned before… was used on the cookman ave remodels."

Design speaks volumes of intent; you can use a few brand name products
to fool most of the people some [or much] of the time, but design
ought nag even the most gullible and cause them to ask `where else are
these guys scrimping'?

Pella's a good brand; the particular units chosen are at or near the
bottom of their price list; siding of a substantial composite material
is better [maybe] than vinyl and 2x6's are structurally stronger and
allow for greater insulation than 2x4's, but represent roughly 10% of
the cost of construction.

Wesley Grove is a fast buck project of cheaply designed, run of the
mill cookie-cutter townhouses.  They sit on dirt acquired for
$4,000/unit, it is my understanding that Kushner was/is an insider,
participating in the overall profitability of Asbury Partners; whether
or not, at most land cost is $70,000/unit, the harbingers of what will
be the final product suggests to me construction costs of, at maximum,
roughly $150/sq. ft., if the average unit is 1500 ft., we arrive at
$225,000 plus land 70,000 = $295,000.

Nice numbers when you can sell some of the people this crap for $6 –
900,000 a pop.

exactly, at least someone is acutally looking at what is being built
there.  and not running their mouths, talking things that are not
true.  cheap buildings are built with 2 by 4s, leaving less room for
insultation.  notice, how wesley lake us sing 2 by 6s, giving way for
extra insulation.  the windows are not cheap, anderson would have been
the cheapest way to go.  that fiber board that was mentioned before,
is the exact same product that was used on the cookman ave remodels.
go figure, no one complained about it being used there.