--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "mognj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> ASBURY PARK is a disaster......WE NEED A MASSIVE INCREASE OF
> HETEROSEXUAL COUPLES WITH CHILDREN TO STRENGTHEN THE ECONOMY AND
> SCHOOLS

What about homosexual couples with children? You have in your own way
hit upon something I mentioned a very long while ago. That is
observations from other neighborhoods that became gentrified or switch
from commercial/industrial to residential use. When people make an
investment in a place to call home, and those people have children,
they tend to call for improvement in the school system. That happened
in Park Slope, Tribeca and many other areas that had poor performing
schools or none at all. However, then I think we get into socio-
economic questions which you alos raise. Are you calling for
gentrification? Do the schools improve because there is an influx of
better-performing kids or because the families demand it? One answer
finds fault with the established residents already in place and the
other with the school system itself.

WHile a rising tide lifts all boats, it does not lift the yacht and the
dingy equally. It never will. The problems you suggest with AP's
demographics have a number of sources. Some are shared with many urban
minority communities and others are unique to this place.

> THE GREAT DAN WOULDN'T WANT HIS KIDS IN ASBURY'S
> SCHOOLS.....This town does not work demograpically!

I assume you are talking about Dan J (TCN) because of the title Great,
however, for the record, my children attended Catholic grammar and high
schools eventhough the public schools are fine in my area.